Friday, January 18, 2008

Wuz Up Yo?

At my house my dad calls slang, gangster slang. I have four younger brothers how are trying to fit in and be cool, so we hear it all the time. I think that the maine purpose of slang is to make things easier and faster to say. It seems like all we are doing these days is trying to make it take less time for things to get done, so why not save time when it come to speaking? I think that at times slang can change to fit the situation and context. Dalzells piece didnt really impact my view, I know that slang has some good purposes but my brothers drive me crazy with it!

3 comments:

Misha said...

I agree with your respond. In my opinion, slang can be a result of saving a time when speaking. Slang can bother, on the other using slang can be a fun.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you said about it just being used to save time. I think sometimes it comes out of laziness. Our society has found every way to cut corners and shorten things. But on the other hand some slang words are just fun to say and they catch on with certain groups of people.

Alyssa said...

I don't know why it says anonymous but I posted that one!!