Monday, January 21, 2008

Codeswitching

Codeswitching is interesting and cool sounding for sure, but its sad i don't code switch. I can only speak english so it doesn't really apply to me. I thought it was cool though i didn't know they had a name for when people switch languages like that. There really is a lot of code switching now. I thought of the movie spanglish.... but i don't know if that movie has anything to do with code switching. I guess the part where the spanish house keeper is trying to learn english and talks to adam sandler in what she knows.. but she can't talk to him in spanish cuz he only knows english. So its definitely an interesting topic, but unfortunately i don't have a lot of feedback because i don't do it. I do remember this lithuanian friend of my brother tho, ignas, he would always talk in english and then his parents would call and he would speak lithuanian and we all thought it sounded awesome. So i have heard it a lot before and i really wish i could speak another language too that would be awesome. But yeah, I like that there is a term for switching languages in a conversation, I dig it. =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeswitching

No comments: