Monday, January 21, 2008

Blog #2

Have you ever been talking to someone and they said something that you didn't really understand so you just nodded your head to keep the conversastion going. I do this alot. My dad says alot of things that I don't really understand and I think it's really supposed to be the other way around. But this slang can tell a lot of different things. In the movie Better Off Dead the main charters father is trying to talk to him and refering to a book that helps him with youths slang and is trying to get his son to understand where he's coming from, even though this is an extremly exgaggerated examble really plays out how slangs are used in today's society. The purpose of slang could possibly be just to change things up for awhile. I'm sure that I use slang is some ways, but the only really purpose that I see to develop it is to occupy some time. This purposed doesn't really change for me. The only time that I would really change it is when I'm around people that will understand what I'm really talking about. Dalzell's piece didn't really change my view. Except for when he was talking about slang being a bit witter and cleverer, I thought this statement was humorious. I hear people use slang and say things that just blow my mind and it doesn't really seem that they are being witty or clever It just seems as if they are being dumb to be extremly blunt.

No comments: