Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ads are directed at me?


I guess I've never really thought about the ads I see every day or even that they might be directed at me, unless its those annoying truth about tobacco commercials. I get it smoking is bad, now leave me alone! But I guess after the readings and the ads and the myspace thing I have thought more about how people are being paid to come up with these things. They are studying groups of people so they can be more effective in their advertisements. But then every once in a while you get ads that aren't so great, or just strange.

This particular ad caught my attention, other that the bit at he bottom how would you know what its advertising? Who is the target?

2 comments:

Owen Lovell said...

It is so economical that you can finally do the things you have always wanted too!

Prof Ron said...

An interesting minimalistic trend we see quite a bit of. It seems the feel of the ad is more important than any direct appeal to buy the product.