Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It catches your eye

About the readings:  I was actually kind of shocked at the "I has a dream" poster.  I expected it to be quite the opposite of what it actually was, then I caught on to the fact that it was Dr. King in the photo, as if to say he would turn his back to the use of ebonics.

In thinking about what to post, I went to advertising, specifically the type that drives me crazy.  More and more, ads are not giving the whole message, just a phrase at the end of a commercial that doesn't really have meaning, or a few words on a billboard.  These ads do to me exactly what they're intended to do: I can't stop thinking about them until I find out what the "product" is.

The photo I've posted is from one of these "ads," though I'm not sure if it's the exact photo.  The billboards are up all over SLC, saying "JohnTyler10.com."  It's been driving me nuts because I can't tell if it's a presidential campaign thing or what.  Turns out, it's an ad for Reagan billboards disguised as them trying to educate Utahns as to who the 10th president was since most don't know. 
John Tyler

1 comment:

Abby said...

i was watching the video thinking about how you were saying you couldn't get past his chipped tooth. well i had a hard time with that but a harder time with the fact that he never once blinked