Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Codeswitching

Codeswitching is a good topic because I speak more than one language. Sometimes when I speak to my sister in Italian we go from one language to another. This is partially because we have been forgeting some of the language. I know how terrible it might sound to someone else. Also, where I grew up there are many latin people. Specifically, the Cubans, would do a bunch of code switching. Even among some friends that are able to speak another language it can be easy to switch words gramatically in english. I think it can be interesting when someone codeswitches because they are just trying to express themselves in a better way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being able to talk back and forth to someone else in a different language would be different and fun. I wish that I could.