Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blog 4

I think in every business someone is trying to manipulate someone, look at the fast food restaurants, they make their food look so big and crisp in their ads but in the end it is always just a peace of meat on two buns that doesnt look half as good as the ad. I have come across a lot of help wanted ads that say, "MAKE 100K in 6 months" what they fail to tell you in the add is you either have to pay something to start making money, or they dont let you know that is is possible to make that much but not unless your going to sell1000 alarms or set 5000 appointments. Manipulation is part of the business world these days and everyone will use it to get an edge. I liked these two ads because the position they were put in, to have a Macdonalds board right below a child obesity billboard was kind of ironic.

2 comments:

nick wade said...

I think its so funny how our society has created this belief that we are not cool unless we have a perfect body. I think that we as people want to feel good about ourselves by working out or even treating ourselves to McDonalds and bigggy sizing everything. HAHA
Nick

nick wade said...

I think its funny how our society has created this belief that we are not cool unless we have a perfect body. I feel we gain selfesteem by working out and being fit. Thats why i am rewarded from working out by treating myself to McDonalds and super sizing everything.HAHA