Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What catches your attention

As we all go through life, we see so many different companies that are trying to catch our eyes with flashy words like "fun", "performance", or "flashy." Or they throw in images that seem enticing. The media tries to get us to think that we need to get a certain item or to go on a certain diet or program. before we actually know what we are getting into. I found the Mercedes ads very interesting and intriguing because it discusses words that are used to raise the attention of many of us to make us think that we just gotta have it. It is fascinating the way that the media and many different companies do this. I have to say myself, that I have been in this kind of fascination that as to say I want this and want it now. I guess that the media is doing their job. But some I believe how they do it and the reasons are for the good, for example smoking or drinking and driving, I believe that the media is finally beginning to show what happens to those who do smoke or have the habit of drinking and driving. It makes me happy and it has needed to happen for a long time.

No comments: