Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Are my thoughts mine, or are they their's?


I enjoyed watching the "Ugly Myspace Designs" because it really opened my mind to what writers and other ad creaters are trying to make me think and feel. In the Mercedes-Benz ads they only show words that will create a positive feeling in the readers mind. After taking a communiations class, I have often found myself wondering why a speaker is directing his speech towards me, so i believe Ze when he says that once you become educated in an area you tend to analyse those areas a little bit more deeper.
The picture above is a tobacco ad that was used to make women think that if they smoked, they would be in control. It makes you wonder what you thought up on your own. or if your thoughts have been in a sense, given to you...

1 comment:

Owen Lovell said...

Yup, ignorance = taken advantage of, when people actually take the time to research something they will find out alot!