Thursday, January 17, 2008

Slang

I think speaking slang is just a fun way to express yourself in different situations. If I were to have my mom repeat some of the more common slang I would be rolling on the ground laughing because it would sound so funny coming from her. Most of us learned slang through the tv shows, music and movies and it sounds cool so we use it. As long as people understand us thats all that really matters. My slang does change depending on the context, or who I am with, there is some slang words that are raunchier than others and I tend to sensor myself depending on who my company is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like how you mentioned how awkward it would be to hear modern slang from your mother. It reminds me of a scene from the movie 'Better off Dead' where the father tries to get his son to listen and connect with him by using slang and completely fails.

Alyssa said...

Your slang definatley has to fit your audience. You aren't going to go around work using certin slang words because it would not be appropriate. Your right when you said you have to sensor yourself depending on who your company is! I never really thought about it in that way.