Sunday, March 2, 2008

star fascination

I thought that this was really interesting to know about. I learned very briefly in my geography course that I am taking this semester that when you are looking the stars that you are really looking into the past. The stars are really millions of lightyears away meaning the light that is shining down into your eyes was really emitted hundreds of millions of years ago. I wanted to write about this because it just blew my mind away. It makes me want to take a real astronomy class. So when you are looking at the stars remember that you are looking into the past instead of the future. Here is a link. Stars are cool. it is explaining what stars are made of. This is so fascinating!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars

1 comment:

Lindsay Miller said...

If math is your gig, I'd definitely recommend the astronomy course. I took an advanced physics class in high school, and I'm pretty sure that my brain is still in a bit of a cramp from the astronomy section. It is fascinating, though!