Friday, March 7, 2008

ethnography

I am doing my ethnography on marijuana anonymous, I used to be addicted to pot, and I thought it would be interesting to go to the ma meetings and learn about the community, and in doing so I can better myself and help keep myself off the drug. I am trying to go to a meeting asap, I'm actually not sure where to look for ma, I have found a couple websites, but I am having a hard time finding where the meetings are and when. Once I do though I will be going to the meetings and researching texts and things like that and studying the community, in fact my textual analysis was about marijuana, a recovered addict. I'm really excited about my project.

1 comment:

Abby said...

good luck finding a MA group, if you can't maybe go with a wider view of narcotics in general. there are NA meating all over, all the time. What kind of language characteristics do you think you'll find?