Thursday, March 13, 2008

Have your cake and linguistics, too...

A good friend of mine is an employee at a large company, where her co-worker, Suzanne, was leaving employment. So someone in the department called WalMart to order a cake for Suzanne's going-away party, and, according to my friend, the conversation went something like this:

WalMart Employee: "Hello, 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?"
Customer: "I would like to order a cake for a going-away party this week."
WalMart Employee: "What you want on the cake?"
Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne," and underneath that, "We will miss you."

When the cake was picked up for the party, this is what it said...

2 comments:

Micah said...

If you hadn't included a picture, I would have had trouble believing it was true! (and my "faith" in humanities overall intellect was really quite low to begin with)

Thanks for sharing this Ali Mae!

Sam said...

That is damn funny. Thanks for sharing.