Thursday, March 27, 2008

#9 "Girl or women"

I find that after reading the pages assigned to us i think i would feel that it change my view on how people might see the term "girl" being used. i have my opinion that i really don’t care if people say "girl" i think it is better then the boss always coming in calling you pet names example darling or sweets or something more derogative, in my view. i have had problems accepting people calling me kid or woman this to me is telling me I’m to old or to young though i feel that people use the term "girl" to put down a woman because you can easily take it to mean young. i looked up and article that i think really helps in describing what girl means and how it can have affects on some parts of cultures. This article is called "I hate that word, girl".http://www.xanga.com/Viper3017/506842967/i-hate-that-word-girl.html

1 comment:

Ali Mae said...

You've brought back a memory of my first job out of high school! I worked for a guy who, instead of calling me Alicia, called me De-licia, as in Delicious. Blech... I'm still scraping that word off my tongue. I would have rather he just called me 'Girl'. Of course, now that I'm a "woman", I'd never tolerate either. Funny...