Friday, March 7, 2008

Ethnography: blog 8

I'm going to do my Ethnography on the straightedge community.Is a way of life that some people have chosen to have , straight edgers are anti:drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and causal sex and some don't eat meat. The straighted edge community has been growing over the years and it seems like there is a big part of the community in Salt Lake. I'm going to go to a couple of straight edge band's concerts to interact with the straight edge crowd and see if I can intereview some of these kids without getting beat up. Some straight edgers are very violent and sometimes assault people that are not like them or those who don't believe the same.
Pablo Ortiz

3 comments:

Abby said...

Good luck to you. Straight edgers can be crazy. I know a few kids who are straight edgers. they've got some interesting slang that might be cool to look into. There are a couple web sites that have the "code of conduct" for them, its pretty interesting.

Alyssa said...

That idea sounds interesting. I am just wondering what kind of text you would analyze that they have. I wonder if they have a document they refer to while being a part of that community..?

Misha said...

wow. this seems very dangerous but I think this group will give you a lot of many ideas to write about for your project. I agree with the comment above, just make sure that you can get some documets for analysis from this community.