Friday, March 28, 2008

BLOG #9

The term girl: this is what I think. If you don't have a lot of gray hair and a lot of wrinkles in your face I will probably use the term girl, if you are in your teens or under 25s even in your 30s I will probably use the term girl. If you are over 40 married and with kids I will use the term "lady". For me girl means looking young. When I read the line "he sat next to a woman in the plane" I picture and old lady in my head, I don't know why. I rarely use the term "woman" because to me is disrespectful most of the time, and I would think the female is married and sometimes that she is sexually experienced. Almost every time I hear somebody say the word woman is to say something negative. The time I use the line "come here woman" I got the a really bad-dirty look, but when used the term "come here girl" no dirty look. If I was a doctor most of the time I would say, " talk to the lady up front" depending on the age. For me woman is ok for when discussing history or science. To me the term “guy” can be used for any age. Sometimes woman to me also means lack of fun or boring. If I heard the phrase on the radio “two women” have been suspended" that would sound kind of weird.I also think that the door sign in the bathroom door should read "ladies room". One more thing Females "girl" is a nice term, it keeps you feeling young.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it does help us as girls feel young, but not when your friend use it in spite.