Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ethnography (blog 8) better late than never :)

Hopefully you all still agree that it's better late than never!!

One of my dreams is to be a young-adult fiction author. But I don't know for sure if this is the path that I want to take. Therefore I have finally decided , for the ethnography, to explore the experiences of young adult fiction writers. I am going to look at the 'community' of modern authors. The problem is, there's not much of a close knit community with which to work. I'm planning on looking into and joining a few online writer's communities; there are also a couple of in-person lectures and writing workshops that I am going to attend. In addition I am hoping to find any student authors who will let me interview them. Since I think it would be difficult to track down and interview any established writers, I am going to read and watch interviews they've had with others.

Wish me luck!

No comments: