Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ethnography

I was thinking that possibly for my ethnography I will do research into computer techs and the language that they use everyday and do some online stuff with communities. The reason that I am thinking about doing this is because I have some friends that are brilliant when it comes to computers and one that actually works as a tech for a living. Please let me know if I am on track with what I am thinking of doing and if any of you think that I would run into any sort of a problem. I think that it would be interesting. This is just an idea though, I am still going through ideas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My father is a computer programmer and listening to him talk, bussiness computer departments often make themselves into a fairly close-nit community. If you could find someone who workes in a large computer department, you could find a lot of interesting social interaction to analyze, from slang to methods alone.