Friday, March 7, 2008

Ethnography Idea

While looking over our textual analysis papers on Wednesday, Micah had a good idea that I could use for my ethnography project. I am analyzing an article that's is trying to get more young people to vote. He had an idea that I could observe and participate in a group of young people here in Utah that are doing just that. Encouraging young voters to have their voices be heard. If I could find such a group I would love to participate in their activities and read as many of the texts they have as possible. I am a supporter of this subject, so I think it would be interesting and I also think it is a specific enough group that it would work well for this project.

2 comments:

Chrissy Soul said...

you know, i think that is a really interesting idea for an ethnography, it sounds unique and like it could be a really good topic.

shauny said...

That's something new that will be refreshing to learn and think about. It will be neat to see how they put their meetings together and the approach they take to get their message across. Also to observed that variety of people their and their different backgrounds.