Friday, February 15, 2008

Vanessa focused on text messaging in her post, and I really agreed with what she had to say. I think of two thing when I hear the word technology.... Texting (Phones), and Jet-Packs. I think the day is near when it will be against the law to text while jet-packing or flying (as opposed to texting while driving). This is good, and it is bad. I can homestly say it is breaking up language.. I always text "TOMO" instead of tomorrow, and I now say TOMO when I speak. The saddest part is, people understand me.
I agree with Socrates also and writing can kill language. Bosy language is very powerful, screaming and whispering and emotions are vital in conversation, but on the other side of the fence, isnt the world, especially America learning to be and becoming more detached for that. Most "successful" people have no heart, and technology is making it easier when we can constantly deal with problems over email, text, voicemail, etc.. The Humans Are Dead.
(Flight of the Conchords are the best thing thats ever happened to me, and their look on technology is ... mmm.... well here check it out!)

1 comment:

Prof Ron said...

Why do you think it's sad that people understand TOMO? Isn't that good? Isn't the point of communication understanding?