Friday, February 15, 2008

I love technology

I may not know how to use all of it, I still love technology. I love being able to do, home work and research, and stay in touch with friends with out even leaving the house. Texting is my primary form of comunication. If i'm going t be late for work, text my boss. If i need to bring up a sticky subject with a friend, keep a little distance, text 'em. But at the same time it has devalued normal conversation. No one really sits down to have a heart to heart any more.

Though i love technology, i still like the old ways. I like to send post cards and letters, i like to call my mom, and keep a journal (even if my journal entries usually get posted on my blog.)

I don't think that the advances that we have made are neccesarily bad, but we need to catch up to ourselves. Figure out how to use what we have just made properly. remember the rules of lanuage we have learned and apply them to the way we comunicate now.

3 comments:

Jennifer Clark said...

i think your right though. i have to say that i find most likely, like you might feel is that some time you might rely to much on it. i say that i want to some times give it up but i can live with out it any more ether.

Chrissy Soul said...

i agree like texting is super convienent but it really is sad that people don't sit down and talk like they used to. i recently had an argument with this guy and i have to say it really upset me that it was over text. i thought we should have been face to face. it is almost as though we hide behind text sometimes which i think is interesting.

Ali Mae said...

I really liked your thought about "catching up to ourselves". You're right, times have changed and communication has changed, but rules are rules are rules. And grammar is one area that must be governed. My English major friend and I laugh when we text each other because we're the only two people we know who won't abbreviate or purposely misspell when we text. We just can't bring ourselves to do it!