Friday, February 29, 2008

Technology today

I use the computer enough to know somethings about it and the internet. I think that it is amazing how the older generations look at computers and the internet. I needed to have my mother email an assignment to one of my teachers for me, so I called her and walked her through it step by step. She got so frustrated and upset that she couldnt see what I was talking about that she had my 11 year old brother get on and do it for me. She naturally locks up whenever anyone talks about technology. My little brothers were the ones that introduced me to YouTube. Since then I have seen a lot of different videos, most of which I am sure have been changed to look cool. My boss at work emailed me a video and asked me to do what they did. I tried it and it didnt work. Then I went and looked at the comments on that video and someone had done a background check on it and found that the people in the video had altered it and made it look cool. With technology being everywhere the way it is, you really have to be careful with what you believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCyPKp7dMM

1 comment:

ben6 said...

Well I think it's probably safe to say that you will not have the same computer difficulties as your mother!

But then again, new technological stuff may (okay, probably will) come out where we as the older generation are technologically crippled in a sense.