Friday, February 15, 2008

Technology

Technology has completely changed the way people communicate. With text messaging people have come up with universal words like LOL and everyone now understands them. My own personal experience is because of texting I now find myself using the word "cuz" instead of because. I even have used it in term papers which is somewhat embarrassing. In order to e-mail people have to use e-mail netiquette, which is the proper way to e-mail. For example if I was to e-mail someone something that says HI WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT? the person would assume I am shouting. Its crazy to think of how far our world has come with technology and all of the changes in everyday society

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I have caught myself doing that same thing when I am writing school papers. I have typed "cuz" because I am so used to doing it on my cell phone and it is shorter and much faster. And I thought it was interesting how you talked about using CAPS and how someone would think you were yelling. It's so true though!