Monday, February 11, 2008

belly dance culture or not?

Hey everyone I was online looking at some videos that my cus. wanted me to review because we both belly dance and I though since this is a language and society class I thought I share what has been claimed as "devil dance" in our house and how she was kicked out because he father my uncle didn't think it was "god like" so maybe you can lend your opinion to this I have attached a very cool video to this and you judge.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Yrq3J372U

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has no context for us, and I find very little relation to the overall subject here, not to mention no true argument.

Prof Ron said...

A bit more context would have helped but I thougth Jennifer did point out the specific language used to describe belly dancing. These are interesting.

Plus the "extra" posts you do can be on just about anything. I'm hoping they will generally be about language but I also want students to get a sense of what it means to blog in a broader, non-class kind of way.