Friday, February 29, 2008

Let's hop online and talk

I'm a bit of a technology shut in. I use my Internet for home work, staying in touch with friends and, random other stuff. I hadn't even heard of you tube till about 6 months ago, so this is all very new and exciting to me. I was really kind of shocked when I saw adults, people in their 30-50's using this media source. I was under the impression that it was a bunch of teeny-boppers making video's that were pretty pointless. Man, I was so wrong. There are actual worth while video's, made by every one.
Technology has really made it possible for ANY ONE to do ANY THING. Which is great in some aspects. People with something to "say" can "say" it for virtually any one to "hear." More people have a voice in this virtual society. On the other hand you have a lot of..well...crap out there.
I think this new found love of communicating in cyber-space is just the beginning, there is so much more that hasn't even been thought of yet. It's technological evolution.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I agree with you. I didnt really care for YouTube. I didnt really go looking for movies or anything so I really didnt know what it was all about until the other day, when my dad wanted me to watch something. The movie was pretty cool.

Octavia Johnson said...

I totally feel ya...I like yourself just got in tuned with Youtube and at first it was kinda overwhelming. It almost blows my mind that you could put in a simple word like language and 80,000 links will pop up!

Karla Furniss said...

After reading your comment I could not help but wonder if similar things were said about books when they evolved from useful realm into the role of a fictional story teller. Did people see fictional stories that were being written in books as you now see some of the internet's content. I know there is no way of knowing what people really thought and felt about fictional books, but it is an interesting thing to think about.