Friday, February 29, 2008

Culture of YouTube/Lagoon's Rock U2 The Top 2007 -

I found the videos about You Tube insightful. I never new that it was one of the top websites used. I rarely use it and didn't realize it has created such an impact. I think it's great that this class is introducing me to many mediums through which we communicate. Unless pointed out to me, I otherwise would not have thought about the structure for which You Tube is set up and how this can frame what you watch and find entertaining. I think it's a great tool to use to connect with other people around the globe. You can be yourself or "someone else" in a casual manner, and express just about anything.Not only are personal videos posted but ones for tv shows and so on. My brothers are on You Tube. I think they are the main reason I've gotten on it. I've added one of my brother's entertainment videos. It's just fun to watch. I also think it's great that there are things on You Tube tailored for just about anyone. It's a way the "common folk" can be famous within their own comfort zone. No structure or rules to follow. Although if you think about, it does have rules of its own, even if they are not so constricting, you still have to respect You Tube's mission. When the Anthropology students were studying You Tube as a "culture", that struck. I would never have thought of it as a culture. And yet it does provide a function for humanity and is a means of art and forms emotions and feelings of its own.

No comments: