Friday, February 15, 2008

For the love of technology

Technology is bad ass, I love it. I do see the issue with writing going out of style though, i think its too bad writing isn't all that importany anymore now since youcan just type everything. Interestingly enough i think adults are actually threatened by texting, like they are always saying "omg you kids text too much its not healthy" and im like hey at least we dont have our phones up to our ears all day. But really, technology is a good thing, a good advancement and it sure makes things a whole lot easier.

4 comments:

Jennifer Clark said...

i can fully agree with you on the adult feeling like it all over for them because of the new texts generation though i find my slef telling my brother that he text to much and he needs to stop.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Prof Ron said...

I had to chuckle--you perfectly illustrate one reason technology like texting is threatening to adults in your first "bad ass" line. Just like your slang texting is new, unknown, weird, offensive potentially dangerous to adults. It's a cycle we've been going through for many generations.

Ali Mae said...

We fear what we don't know, that's for sure. My mother panics when I ask her to 'text me' rather than call because I'm in class. "I don't want to mess with that stuff," she says. "Just call me tonight instead". It's no wonder the generation gap is widening... LOL, BRB, TTFN, etc., etc. But how cool was it to see my Grandpa get a cell phone for Christmas? He never tires of showing me how his voice mail works.