Friday, February 29, 2008

BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE!

First off let me just say that all of those videos were really cool! I loved watching them. I wated "web2.0" 3 times. I, and alot of you, have said how texting has influenced language. And it has.. ALOT! Last week, my little 9 year old cousin said "OMG.." laughing was my reaction and no one even picked up on what I was laughing at. I guess "text talk" must be normal. I think technology is influencing language in many other ways. One of those ways is, I think, that people are so used to having technology right at their fingertips 24/7 (text, email, webinars, etc..) that there is "no use" verbally talking with someone. It is hard to say wheather it is language AND technology or language VS. technology. People cannot even have a 5 minute conversation (because that is all the time we have anyways) without being interrupted by a communication device of some sort. It can be bitter-sweet its either language or communication.. everyone just gets used to GO GO GO GO because thats all we learn. Tech-enhanced communication, to be 4 places at once.
..."I'll have a coffee and a side of Red Bull, because I'm very busy.
I've got TBD [too busy disorder] and
I'm late for yoga, hurry, hurry!"......
-ELLEN DEGENERES (Stand up, "Here and Now" check it out)

ps.. there was a part in the last youtube video when a big emotional man says, "You tube is not for fake stuff, it is for real stuff." come on people its the net..

1 comment:

Prof Ron said...

the irony of that last line caught my attention too.