Thursday, February 28, 2008

I think that "Authenticity on the Tube" was a pretty interesting video.  It helps to show how much YouTube has become so important to our world.  I remember hearing about the controversy over the "LonelyGirl15" blog a while ago, and thinking "who cares?!"  The fact that SO many people cared about it was insane to me.  The thing is... if that hadn't been a video series conjured up by a group of people trying to make names for themselves, something would have filled that void eventually.
Online groups such as myspace and YouTube have helped blur the lines of reality a little more than they had been previously.  People still even talk about how staged some "reality" shows like Survivor are, but everything in life is staged to a certain degree.  
The video "Web 2.0... the web is us/ing us," was a little too much for me.  I think that the overall point of how intertwined our everyday lives are could have been expressed with a little less "all-over-the-place."  It was interesting that it brought up how much easier it is to design webpages without being forced to use html, but it gave me a headache trying to figure out where to watch next.  

No comments: