Sunday, April 13, 2008

US English

Reading the article about the US English being banned, I find that like the first reading to be on the extreme side though I can see the possibilities in banning it. I have a hard time digesting that fact to on the bias of it would be no fairer to those how live here then out of the country. In the cartoon it shows the idea of several languages and how if you speak one then someone is going to speak the one you don’t speak. That to me is almost as true as you can get its hard to imagine that but I feel that way when I go to certain jobs or fast food places. When in the article is the Spanish hurting society I feel like the article had good points but I personally feel that it has done no harm now nor is it I mean if it does become the only language then I would supposes that means English was no longer adaptive to the societies needs of it. Though the article made a good point on the immigration to the USA its not that they don’t want to learn it’s just that it’s harder for them to learn. I know some people who have tried and tried to speak are language how I notice every now and then want me to help them in there learning process. My nephews how ever were taught to speak Dutch and English when they were young so now they speak it all the time. In the reading I chose to look at on the web should the more of congress side of the language being the only English on the documents excepted where is required by federal law this to me is fair but unfair. Unfair because some companies won’t do it just so they don’t have to, and others will do it because they do. Though it’s see everywhere in the US the states make rules that the federal government don’t make so in the article about Pennsylvania printing in another language that’s a little ridicules. Because people who are legal to vote though come from another country should have the opportunity to vote correctly instead of trying to understand. The English classes instead of jail to me is fair because those who have now been charged with a crime should have the opportunity to learn are language and really understand what there charged with. Also gives them some skills to help get a better foot in the doors of the work places.

No comments: