Sunday, April 13, 2008

English

I understand that English is one of the hardest languages to learn. We have so many rules that really don't make sense and when you are switching from another language that can make speaking really hard. I dont think that there would be a problem in making English the national language, after all it is the dominant language. Other countries have picked a dominant language. I dont think that other languages should be banned or anything but we should encourage people from other countries to learn English. If you went to Germany and wanted to get around or do anything you would have to learn German. Same goes for Spain, Argentina, France or any other country. In high school I had to take two years of Spanish. I chose Spanish because I knew that there were a lot of Spanish speaking people in my neighborhood. I believe that schools should encourage students to take another language, but I also think that those who do not learn English should not be catered to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find your points very interesting. Because the place that I work at, there are alot of spanish speaking people that come through my line and it is very hard to understand what some of them are saying. I think that it is very important to learn spanish, but don't cater to those who refuse to learn english.