Sunday, April 13, 2008

English for all!

I really liked the article by Dennis Baron. I don't think it would do good or change anything by making the official language English. It is pretty much a given that it is the predominant language. By outlawing other languages I believe that those that speak that language will due it no matter what. Me, personally, knowing two languages, I think its fun. Yes, it can be considered rude to some or inconsiderate. But if languages weren't outlawed and one was made the official languae nothing would really change. This shows that there is really no need to make that change.

1 comment:

Matt Pope said...

I don't think the point Baron was trying to make is that we should outlaw any language but maybe he was trying to show us what would happen if we did? I don't think we should outlaw at all any foreign language but that we should just not cater to other language speakers and provide government services in our national tongue of English.